With soaring demand for its Frozen French Bread Pizza, Better Baked Foods recently added a 250,000 sq ft food processing plant in Erie, PA.
The first order of business was to build a 60,000 sq ft freezer. With the high operating cost of freezer storage, efficient use of cube space was critical.
Better Baked Foods’ Requirements
- High volume storage of similar size products
- Limited number of SKUs
- Cost effective, high density system
- Drive-In system with 1,750 double-stacked pallet positions
- Space Saver Rails used due to height restrictions
- 5, 6, 7 and 9 pallet positions
- Three levels high
- Heavy-duty Slant-baks on all entry points
About Drive-in Storage Systems
Our drive-in storage systems store product on continuous rails allows lift trucks to enter the rack structure to place and retrieve pallets. Fewer aisles are required, thus increasing storage density. These “last-in, first-out” storage systems are ideal for warehousing similar products on like-sized pallets.
Features & Benefits
- Fewer aisles
- Increased storage space
- Depth of system virtually unlimited
- High volume SKU storage
- Freezer/Cooler storage
- Storage of common-sized pallets
The drive-in storage systems design maxed our freezer space and improved our ability to expedite shipments” – Gary Kyle, Warehouse Distribution Manager, Better Baked Foods